The ‘Helmar Vanhoutte’ company was founded in 1949. Helmar was a specialist agricultural forge that made its name in the surrounding area.
Pol and Jean – Helmar’s sons – joined the team, after which the business was expanded. In 1973, the company moved to Waregem, to the same location on Kalkhoeveweg where we can be found today. During this period, Vanhoutte focused on turning and milling, combined with assembly and disassembly work.
In 1975, the first gear milling machine was purchased, and Gearcraft proceeded to develop its strong expertise in manufacturing gears.
The same passion characterises the third generation, which is currently in the driving seat. ‘Vanhoutte’ initially evolved to become ‘Atelier Vanhoutte’ and now operates as ‘Gearcraft Vanhoutte’, enabling us to optimally serve international contacts and customers.
Gearcraft Vanhoutte continued to invest in expanding its fleet of machinery and an extra hall and new office premises were added in 2018, as a result of strong growth.
Gearcraft is now an established value on the national and international market. We are active in turning, milling, gears, laser cladding, assembly, disassembly, overhauling, and so on. To this very day we consistently perform our activities with the highest quality and precision.